This ALM aims to help you understand and apply psychological strategies for early intervention to prevent children from developing more acute mental health problems.
Key learning outcomes are:
- Understand environmental factors which effect children’s mental health development and being able to recognise when these factors pose a risk to the child
- Being able to impart psycho-education to caregivers as part of the intervention strategies to remediate environmental factors
- Being able to interview children and teach them cognitive strategies to regulate emotions
There is an emphasis on skill based learning where participants will learn ways to:
- interview parents and children and
- apply relaxation and cognitive techniques.